Written by Elena Sunday, 14 July 2013 08:38
With two of the most successful handsets taking the world by the storm, enumerating the better specs of each can be quite desirable for the users looking to make the best possible choice. IPhone 5 and Galaxy S4 can be compared based on several aspects which can help determine the usefulness of each.
Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5: Enumerating the differences
- Price comes as £33 each month if purchased on an EMI for each and there is not a lot to choose from.
- If the Sim free option is considered, the Galaxy S4 costs a little more at a retail price of around £580 as compared to the £530 from Apple while the usual outlets look to shell out the S$ at a lesser price that the iPhone 5.
Verdict- Cannot be determined as the prices vary with stores.
- The iPhone 5 involves aluminum back while the S4 includes a plastic rear with the thickness being relatively the same.
- S4 is harder to grasp owing to the thickened width while the iPhone fits in properly.
- Apple involves an elongated screen making the screen size highly desirable.
Verdict- iPhone 5 wins over here owing to a more durable design.
- Both have rear mounted speakers pointing away from the users which involve a mono sound output.
- The iPhone 5 has its speakers built near the bottom edge with intuitive grilles to avoid muffling.
- Galaxy S4 involves a less ceremonious option built along this copes up better at the higher decibels.
- The iPhone gets comparatively louder while getting strained while nearing the top volume.
Verdict- Galaxy S4
- While the Galaxy S4 involves a super amoled screen the iPhone has IPS technology associated.
- The display size for S4 is around 5 inches while iPhone includes a 4 inch display along.
- With low contrast the iPhone loses out on the vibrancy but S4 has much higher resolution and enhanced pixel density.
Verdict- Galaxy S4
- Galaxy S4 comes with a baseline storage of 16 GB with the micro SD options available while iPhone comes in the 32GB or 64GB variant without an expandable support.
Verdict- iPhone 5 as often micro SD slows down the device.
- With the S4 comes the QUALCOMM snapdragon and a 2 GB RAM to top it up. The iPhone uses the 1.2 GHz processor which has an in built 1 GB RAM with the SGX GPU. With higher benchmark scores at anTuTu and Geek bench the processor quality for S4 comes as a better option for the multitasking user.
Verdict- Galaxy S4 wins as its better for multitasking with minimal lags.
- The iPhone has the iOS 6.1 as the software inclusion while S4 involves android 4.2 along with the Touchwiz.
- The iPhone is a touch faster as it never allows third party applications unlike android which drains memory and the battery life.
Verdict- iPhone is preferred as iOS has started incorporating better applications and will be available for updates soon.
Finalizing the Buy
With the better specs and highly innovative features Galaxy S4 comes ahead with a more powerful camera with an added megapixel count ranging up to five. On going with the specifications and not on the past distinctions, Galaxy S4 is clearly a more advanced choice for the users.
AUTHOR BOX: Elena loves to pen down articles related to gadgets and when it comes to deciding which mobile phone to buy, she only recommends mobilephones.org.uk.
Popular @ Web Hosting & Dev
|Getting Advice on the Right SSL Certificate|
If you are looking for an SSL certificate for your website, then it is likely that you have started looking at what is available. After visiting a few websites, you will soon realise that there are ma [ ... ]
CoreDroid Random Articles
|Online Storage – Advantages and Disadvantages|
Increasing use of internet has given rise to various problems and one of them is the increasing demand of storage. There [ ... ]
|4 Easy Steps to Make Sure Your Online Reputation Is Safe|
Chances are you have an online profile or two — maybe more. It’s important to keep your online presence safe and s [ ... ]